Crushing Blow overlay
Chance of Crushing Blow applies a percentage chance to reduce a target's life by a fraction before the damage of that attack is applied. When successful, the overlay to the right is displayed (although be aware that hits with Bash, Leap Attack and Charge display this same overlay).
- Crushing Blow damage to monsters is divided by 0.5 + (0.5 * # players), so effectively monster's current base life (prior to the 50% increase with each additional player) is reduced by a fraction.
- The fraction applied depends on the target and the attack:
- Default values apply to pets and normal, minion, Champion and Unique monsters. No other target or attack penalties of any kind are applied. Critical hit does not double Crushing Blow damage.
- Percentage chance from multiple sources is summed, although when two weapons are equipped only that of the attacking weapon is added (that of the other weapon is ignored). > 100% Chance is redundant.
- Applied by any melee or ranged attack with the exception of Blade Sentinel, Blade Shield and the additional arrows of Multiple Shot (only applied by the original two arrows).
- Damage can be modified by target Damage Resist or Damage Reduced by %: DR > 0% decreases it (and DR > 99% results in immunity to it), but DR < 0% does not increase it. While a ceiling of DR 50% normally applies to player and mercenary, this does not apply to Crushing Blow damage.
- Sanctuary normally ignores DR > 0% when applying the supplier's physical damage to undead, but once again this does not apply to Crushing Blow damage: Immune to Physical undead remain immune to it.  
- Damage cannot be reduced by Bone Armor, Energy Shield  or Damage Reduced.